Orange Habanero-Caramel Kettle Corn
• 3 sticks unsalted butter
• ¼ cup corn syrup
• 1 ½ cups brown sugar
• ¾ tsp salt
• 2 ½ tbsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Orange Habanero Pepper Puree
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ cup heavy cream (you will use about 2 ½ tbsp)
Popcorn (shortcut: use a bag of pre-popped Kettle Corn)
1. Combine 3 sticks butter, ¼ cup corn syrup, 1½ cups brown sugar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and 2½ tbsp
Louisiana Pepper Exchange Orange Habanero Pepper Puree to saucepan. Start heating on
medium and stir to incorporate with a wooden utensil.
2. After all the ingredients are incorporated, turn heat up to medium high and let simmer for ~5
3. Turn heat off and add 1 tbsp vanilla extract and stir. BE CAREFUL. The mixture will
splash/bubble but try to stir constantly.
4. Once the vanilla extract is stirred in, add ½ teaspoon of baking soda and stir to incorporate for 2-
3 minutes. This will make the mixture rise and look foamy – continue stirring and it will go back
5. Microwave ¼ cup of heavy cream until simmering, then add 2½ tbsp of the heated cream to the
mixture. Stir for 2-3 more minutes. Then stir once every couple minutes for the next 10-12
6. Fill large bowl about ¾ of the way with the kettle corn. Pour over enough caramel sauce to coat.
Toss with spatula and add more if needed.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the coated caramel corn on the paper.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 250°F for 3 hours.
9. Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
10. Store in an airtight container.