Skip to content
- 2 cups of Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Puree
- 2-3 pounds of fresh shrimp (add crab or crawfish as you like)
- 2 large onions and 1 head of celery, quartered
- 1 pound of sausage of choice, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 heads of garlic, end cut, root left intact
- 2 lemons, juiced, plus 1 zested
- 6 red potatoes (halved)
- 4 ears of corn
- In a large pot, combine 1 gallon of water, onion, celery, garlic, lemon juice and zest, salt (to taste), and Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Pepper Puree.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add sausage, corn, and potato.
- Cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove sausage, corn, potato, and garlic from mixture.
- Add shrimp and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, combine with sausage, corn, and potato.
- Serve warm.