• ¼ medium purple cabbage, sliced into thin shreds
• 2-4 carrots, (similar amount to cabbage) sliced on the bias and then into match sticks
• 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the bias
• 4 green onions, chopped
• Large handful of cilantro leaves and stems
• ½ cup toasted nuts or sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
• ¼ tsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Pepper Puree
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• ½ tsp cumin
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine dressing ingredients and whisk well or shake in a glass jar.
2. Place cabbage in a large bowl and pour the dressing over. Mix well and allow it to set for 10
minutes to allow cabage to soften slightly.
3. Add carrots, celery, green onion, and cilantro and mix well.
4. Top with toasted nuts or seeds.
5. (Chef’s Pro Tip: this salad only gets better over time J).