• 3½ cups all-purpose flour
• 3 sticks salted butter
• 1 lb dark brown sugar
• 6 egg yolks
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
• ¼ cup Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Pepper Puree
1. Heat butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it is about 90%
2. Transfer to bowl of stand mixer. Using a paddle attachment, turn on low and slowly add
brown sugar until combined. Increase to medium speed and let cream for 2-3 minutes.
3. Turn mixer back to low and add egg yolks one at a time.
4. Add vanilla and Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Puree.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
6. Slowly add the combined dry ingredients while mixing slowly.
7. When incorporated, add chocolate chips until incorporated.
8. Transfer to storage container and place in refrigerator overnight.
9. When ready to bake the next day, preheat oven to 350F.
10. Remove dough from refrigerator and scoop golf ball sized dough onto a parchment lined
11. Bake at 350F for 13-14 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and let sit on the hot pan for 3-4 minutes.
13. Remove to room temperature surface.
Makes about 32 cookies.