Red Habanero Fried Chicken
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cups Louisiana Pepper Exchange Red Habanero Pepper Puree
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded thin
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- Mix buttermilk and Louisiana Pepper Exchange Red Habanero Pepper Puree together.
- Add chicken and marinate for minimum of 2-4 hours.
- Drain all liquid into separate bowl and add 1 cup flour, 2 tbsp cornstarch, and 2 egg whites to the original marinade. Whisk until combined.
- In another bowl combine the remaining 3 cups flour and 2 tbsp black pepper.
- Dip chicken into batter, then into dry mix until coated thoroughly.
- Lightly shake off excess and fry for approximately ~5 minutes.