Extra cheese with a hint of spice baked with a crispy perfect panko crust. It's creamy, spicy with a just enough smokiness and heat. A classic. A fan favorite. A cheesy masterpiece. Do NOT expect leftovers!
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Louisiana Pepper Exchange Chipotle Pepper puree (to taste)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- Portion and prep all the ingredients including chopping the onion and chorizo and cooking your pasta
- While the noodles cook, in a sauce pan, melt the butter and sauté the green onions until they start to get tender.
- Add the flour and cook for another minute, then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Add a spoonful of the chipotle pepper puree, plus the cheese.
- The next step you can prep your toppings so a small bowl drizzle olive oil over some panko and set aside.
- Back to your sauce, add your chorizo and the pasta. Spoon into a baking dish and top with the panko. bake at 450°F until the panko browns.