Chipotle Breakfast Sandwich
• Extra-thick sliced sourdough bread, or Texas toast
• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
• 2 yellow onions, sliced
• 1 avocado, slivered
• 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can cream style corn
• 2 large eggs
• ½ red onion, diced
• ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
• 3½ tbsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Chipotle Pepper Puree
• 2 tbsp salted butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
• 1½ tbsp granulated sugar
• Cotija cheese, crumbled
1. Caramelize onions with olive oil over medium low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
2. While cooking, add cream corn, black pepper, sugar, and 2 tbsp of chipotle puree to small
saucepan. Bring to a simmer and continue stirring for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Combine the other 1½ tbsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Chipotle Pepper Puree into the
cream cheese and stir to combine.
4. Place 1 tbsp of butter in hot skillet and sear a slice of the thick cut bread on both sides. Set
5. Generously spread the chipotle cream cheese on top.
6. Cover with caramelized onions, black beans, and avocado.
7. In a hot skillet, add the remaining 1 tbsp butter and cook two sunny side up eggs.
8. Place eggs on sandwich.
9. Working diagonally across the sandwich, spoon on 3-4 tbsp of cream corn mixture.
10. Garnish with diced red onion, cilantro, and cotija cheese.
* Makes 4-6 sandwiches