• 2 cups heavy cream
• 7 cups whole milk
• 2½ cups sugar
• 1 cup egg yolks
• ¾ cup Maker’s Mark Bourbon
• 2 tbsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Green Jalapeño Pepper Puree
• ½ tsp ground nutmeg
1. Add cream, milk, nutmeg, and 1.5 cup of sugar to large saucepan. Heat on medium heat.
2. While milk mixture is heating, add the egg yolks to the bowl of a stand mixer. On medium
speed using whisk attachment, slowly add the remaining 1 cup of sugar. Mix for 2-3
minutes until thickened and lightened in color.
3. Remove 2-3 cups of the heated milk and slowly pour into the egg yolks while mixing.
4. Once incorporated, whisk the egg mixture into the pan and continue to heat on medium,
stirring frequently. Continue until mixture begins to thicken and can coat the back of a
spoon. This will be like a very thin custard.
5. Strain into large bowl; whisk in bourbon and jalapeno puree.
6. Chill for 4+ hours and enjoy!
Yield: About 11 Cups