To make the infused gin:
- Combine 750ml of preferred gin and approximately ¼ to ½ pound of fresh basil.
- Allow to infuse overnight in the refrigerator.
- Strain out basil leaves.
- Store in a container/glass bottle.
To make the cocktail:
- Chill a martini glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add to the shaker 4 ounces of lemonade, ½ tsp of Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Pepper Puree and 2 ounces of the basil-infused gin.
- Close the shaker and shake until the shaker is ice cold on the outside.
- Strain into the chilled martini glass and garnish with lemon or fresh basil.