- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups quick oats
- 3 sticks salted butter
- 1 lb dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Jalapeño Puree
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it is about 85-90% melted.
- Transfer to bowl of stand mixer. Using a paddle attachment, turn on low and add brown sugar about a quarter of a cup at a time until combined. Increase to medium speed and let cream for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn mixer back to low and add egg yolks one at a time.
- Add vanilla and Louisiana Pepper Exchange Jalapeño Pepper Puree.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the combined dry ingredients while mixing slowly.
- When incorporated, add raisins until incorporated.
- Transfer to storage container and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Scoop golf ball sized dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake on preheated convection oven at 350°F for 13-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on the hot pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove to room temperature surface to cool.
Makes about 32 cookies.