- Add cream, milk, nutmeg, and 1½ cup of sugar to large saucepan. Heat on medium heat.
- While milk mixture is heating, add the egg yolks to the bowl of a stand mixer. On medium speed using whisk attachment, slowly add the remaining 1 cup of sugar. Mix for 2-3 minutes until thickened and lightened in color.
- Remove 2-3 cups of the heated milk and slowly pour into the egg yolks while mixing.
- Once incorporated, whisk the egg mixture into the pan and continue to heat on medium, stirring frequently. Continue until mixture begins to thicken and can coat the back of a spoon. This will be similar to a very thin custard.
- Strain into large bowl; whisk in bourbon and Louisiana Pepper Exchange Jalapeño Puree.
- Chill for 4+ hours and enjoy!
Makes about 11 cups.