Red Beans and Rice
- 27 oz can Blue Runner Original Creole Cream Style Red Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb smoked sausage of choice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 1½ tbsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Chipotle Puree
- Heat medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, and dry thyme – cook an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add canned beans, Louisiana Pepper Exchange Chipotle Puree, water, and salt. Combine and cook 2-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add butter. Stir occasionally until combined.
- Serve immediately with cooked rice of choice.