Cayenne Choc Chip Cookies
(About 32 Cookies)
A recipe by Andy Armstrong
- 3 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Sticks Salted Butter
- 1 LB Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 Egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Red Cayenne Puree
1. Coat garlic cloves with olive oil and roast for ~25-30 minutes.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, add flour, whisk to incorporate.
3. After 1 minute, add milk. Whisk to combine. Add heavy cream.
4. When the roux is fully incorporated into the milk/cream, turn heat to low.
5. Add cheese, whisking slowly to combine.
6. Add jalapeno puree.
7. After cheese is fully incorporated, add garlic cloves. Blend with immersion blender. Turn heat off.
8. Boil ~ 4 cups un-cooked elbow macaroni for 4-5 minutes. Drain.
9. Set aside 0.5-1.0 cup of cheese sauce and fold the remainder into 8 cups of cooked macaroni Bake in 9×13 pan at 350, covered, for 25 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, uncover, and spread remaining cheese sauce on top. Turn oven to 400. Bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes. Broil for extra color if desired.