- Roasted garlic avocado oil
- 1 cup small dices of andouille sausage
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Pepper Puree
- 1 package Oaxaca cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Fresh diced tomato and sliced scallion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat, drizzle in roasted garlic avocado oil to cover the bottom. Add in the andouille and sauté until browned and very crispy. Move to a plate.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery to the skillet. Sauté until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until the wine is evaporated.
- Return the andouille to the pan and add the Louisiana Pepper Exchange Cayenne Pepper Puree. Stir to combine. Add in the cheeses and move to the oven.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and turning brown on the edges.
- Top with lots of chipped tomatoes and scallion.
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips.
Photo by: Raegan Labatt